Boulder-Larimer Cat. 3 "Report" - Crosswind Gutterfest

Blast from the past. I did this race in '93 & '94, before my cycling burnout in '95.
Conditions: 11 Miles, Flat to rolling hills, lots of turns and plenty of WIND.
The 3s Team: Daniel and I racing with Jenny feeding. Jay and Henrik did the old mans race.
Driving out it was a bit windy, but not so bad warming up, but as soon as we staged wind picked up to 10 to 20 MPH out of the West with some good gusts.
Crosswind Gutterfest time, Pack Shatters 2 miles into the race! I was not ready for the power required and go back into a chase group chasing a chase group, chasing…
After a lap, we get a group of around 6 to 8 working pretty hard but not catching much. Most where dropped because they couldn’t do a Left to Right Crosswind Echelon. Very annoying!
Each lap, going through the start/finish area, we saw more and more people that had pulled out the race. I used this for training for Deer Trail and finished the 67 Miles in around 3’15”. Place?, I was too tired to hang around on the side of a busy road waiting for results. My guess is that less then half finished the race.
Many Thanks to Jenny for the feeds and encouragement.